Suggested steps to help you promote events with wide audience appeal...
Add to the University Calendar of Events
On your departmental or office website, add the event to your site. Here's a tutorial to remind you how to do that: web.louisiana.edu/training-support/tutorials/help-news-events/adding-events
- If you do not have access to update your website, find out who is your office's web ambassador and ask them to add the event.
- On your departmental or office website, add the event to your site. Here's a tutorial to remind you how to do that: web.louisiana.edu/training-support/tutorials/help-news-events/adding-events
For events that are "open to the public," add to community calendars:
- KRVS http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/krvs/events.eventsmain?action=submitEvent
- Town Planner http://www.townplanner.com/submit
- KATC https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=1779
- KLFY http://events.klfy.com/createevent
- KPEL http://kpel965.com/events-lafayette/community/add
- The Advertiser/Times of Acadiana http://search.theadvertiser.com/localevents/add_event/
- Add French and Francophone events to BeFrench.org http://www.befrench.org/add-event.html
- Reserve banner space and table space on campus. See the Student Union.
- Submit an 800px x 600px banner for AOC to display on t.v. http://www.aocinc.org/
- Post on your website and/or ask others to post on related websites.
- Create a Facebook event page and "invite" friends, and share with others, such as LEAD UL https://www.facebook.com/groups/leadul
Cross promote your program
- Coordinate with a major theme, observance or awareness days/week/month http://www.brownielocks.com/month2.html.
- Add an associated lecture/panel to a film screening.
Three weeks prior
Plan and implement mass media promotions and advertising.
- Submit your event announcement for possible press release and/or social media placement http://louisiana.edu/send-your-news
- Submit an image for display on campus digital signs
- Promote to targeted student groups, e.g., residence hall students, Honors Program, Greeks, specific academic departments, etc.
- Boost attendance through social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter). See Event Marketing 2.0 http://www.cvent.com/en/pdf/social-media-event-marketing-ebook.pdf
- The Vermilion publishes most Wednesdays of the academic year: Advertise and send announcements http://www.thevermilion.com
Two weeks prior
Implement campus visibility and networking.
- Post and distribute flyers on campus bulletin boards only.
- Post flyers at places students frequent, e.g., local coffee shops, restaurants.
- Email your event flyer to email@example.com to be included in the Monday announcements on the University's 'RaginSpirit' Snapchat account.
- Invite student & community groups to attend and to help publicize through their websites, meetings, etc.
- Ask faculty to mention it in class. Occasionally they will offer extra credit for relevant topics.
- Deliver banners to be hung on your reserved space.
- Promote an event with a table on campus.
- Campus postings & sidewalk chalk.
Ideas to improve this page? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org