The University's social media accounts are meant to further an engaged community with a shared interest in the University. Help us keep our social media environment inviting, insightful and constructive.
Respect for civility. We encourage you to interact with each other and with the University in a respectful and meaningful way. Please respect other people’s views, beliefs and emotions, as well as their privacy.
Respect for content. Open dialogue on our page is essential to our community. We are committed to fostering a learning environment that allows for freedoms of speech and expression in accordance with the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The University is not responsible for comments or wall postings made by visitors to our page; and such postings do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the University.
Respect for our brand. Our brand is unique, important and worth protecting. Our brand identifies and unifies us and helps tell the University story. No one should use our name or marks, impersonate the University or imply official endorsement without our official written consent. We have the legal right to defend our brand against violations.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to screen and remove any content we deem inappropriate, such as content that:
- advertises to sell a product or service, solicits, spams, or is overly repetitive
- seeks job applicants (contact Career Services instead), roommates, political actions or non-University donations
- is obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, vulgar or violent
- harasses, abuses, threatens, demeans, intimidates, bullies, is deemed as stalking, or in any other way violates the rights of others
- is designed specifically to be off-topic or to elicit a negative emotional response or anger (trolling)
- is deployed by a user with an inappropriate profile image or name
- is fraudulent, deceptive, defamatory, misleading or violates any law or regulation
- contains foul language or in any other way is considered inappropriate
At any time, we may block offenders from accessing any social media without notice. Misconduct by students and employees can result in University sanctions.